Production GTI Championship and Series
MK2 and MK5 Golf GTI racing at some of the best circuits in the UK and beyond
Now firmly established as the one of the best single make saloon car championship’s in the UK the Teekay Couplings MK2 Production GTI Championship has grown from strength to strength in the last six years with consistent grids of 30 cars throughout 2015.
In 2015, joining the ever faithful MK2 GTI, was the more modern MK5 Golf GTI also with qualifying and double header races at each meeting all on the same day. Taking the learnings from several successful years of the MK2 Championship the MK5 series was set up as either a stepping stone from MK2 or for new comers to enjoy a quicker, more modern car but still within a reasonable budget.
By keeping the modifications to a minimum and driving standard’s to a high level, Production GTI is one of the safest and friendliest race championship and series in the UK. This leads close, friendly and reasonably-priced racing for varying drivers from novice to seasoned veteran.
The ethos is safe and affordable racing. Production GTI is non-profit making, ran on behalf of the drivers. All surpluses are reinvested for the benefit of the drivers.
There is a strict level of driving standards to ensure safe racing backed up by in-house policing of technical and driving regulations. Sticking to this criteria is the back bone of a successful club level championship and series.
Our level of racing is for fun. We ensure that we will make Production GTI a friendly, family-orientated series run by, and for, enthusiasts.
Both the MK2 Championship and MK5 Series enjoy the following:
- 6 double header rounds (one qualifying session and two races).
- On some of the UK's best circuits.
- Regular post-race paddock socials that will include trophy & driver of the round presentations at every meeting.
Regulations & Administration
- Dedicated and experienced administration team at and away from the circuit.
- Dedicated MSA eligibility scrutineer to insure regulations are rigorously enforced.
- In house policing and penalisation policy to maintain high driving standards which will be strictly adhered to.